We welcome all the creative’s in East Africa to join the Creative Entrepreneurship Master Classes offered at our institute (Kilimanjaro Film Institute) come 4th May to 15th May 2015.
Our Master Class is divided into three important modules namely;
- Creative Media ( Cinematography, Editing etc)
- Sound & Music in Film Making ( Quality of sound , Editing etc)
- Creative Entrepreneurship ( How to link business process, branding, marketing to your work etc.)
We highly recommend all the participants’ to take all the classes to increase your competitiveness in the ever growing and competitive industry. Either you are employed or self employed with big dreams of starting your own production studio this course is for you, it will help you in the planning process that will enable you reach diverse markets in the industry of your choice.
Take the first step forward to join the Creative Entrepreneurship class and the approach to your work in terms of business will never be the same again. This course is open to anyone in the creative sector, for example, musician, editors, photographers, web designers, producers, director etc.
Benefits of joining the course module;
- Participants get to work in groups and also learn other important skill sets for an entrepreneur to excel in mobilizing the required resources for example pitching your ideas to prospective investors or partners.
- Link with professional coaches who will help you in the process of fine tuning the business idea.
- Explore your creative world through practical assignments etc.
- Have fun while learning with other passionate entrepreneurs.
Why you should attend the course;
- Be a master in monetizing your skills.
- Bridge the gaps in the market by providing quality services.
- Understand and use principle and element of the business model canvas format to create and improve business. Send your application through.
- Develop your entrepreneurial instincts.
The course covers the following;
- Business model canvas.
- Business plan and budgeting.
- Activity planning, pitching and presentation.
- Internet research etc.
We invite you to watch the last class of 2014 videos
How to apply;
1. On-line application web portal www.kilimanjarofilm.org/Apply
2. Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Please share with your wide network.
We take this opportunity to congratulate all the participants in the Sound and Music in Film class that started on 9th March and ended today.
All that starts well, ends well!
Thanks for the team work spirit and we do hope you will apply the knowledge and skills acquired starting next week. Don’t forget to share with your wider network…
Summary; The course module covered the following;
- Introduction to sound; what is sound, recognizing pitch, loudness, timbre.
- Converting sound waves to electric signals, dynamic, condenser and ribbon microphones.
- Amplifiers and loud speakers for surround and screen sound tracks.
- Sound recording for film, analogue sound, digital sound and Dolby sound.
- Sound recording required for documentary and feature films.
- Sound transfer and editing; sync sound with picture, linear editing and non linear editing.
Here is a video that was done by the Creative Media class in Feb 2015. This is what the participants were able to produce in a span of two weeks, isn’t that amazing?
Please click to watch!
Next week we welcome the Creative Media class ( 23rd March to 1st April 2015)
Have a great weekend.
Mette and Tim will share their expertise in creative skills, life skills and technical skills with our students during their stay, and we are honoured to have them join the KFI team.
Mette Mohr Martensen from Denmark teaching the 1st year students in communication skills, she trains on how to generate ideas and later develop them into a journalistic way, while on the other hand training on to conduct interviews.
Tim from Netherlands assisting the first year camera operators on how to walk backwards with the camera while filming, the objective is to be able to film steady shots while walking with the camera focusing your attention on the subject.